6.17.2010

Workin It Wednesday {Kinda}

{Sugar Scrub}

I love summer and all that it implies.... but for me one thing it means is a dry dead layer of skin :( This week I wanted to do a recipe that would make the outside of your body feel happy! Sorry this is a day late but I promise it is worth it :) 

Last night my Wonderful, Beautiful, oh so fun friend Brooke came over for a girls night! We made lots and lots of sugar scrub goodness!! Here is how you can make some of your own:


Sugar
Jojoba Oil {I just use canola oil... It is cheaper and works the same!}
Essential Oils {any scent... we used grapefruit and tangerine mmmm}
BIG mixing bowl
Spoon
Jar

So there really are no measurements to this... Sorry if that drives you crazy! But it is really personal preference. I just add sugar and oil until it is the consistency you like. {remember that the oil and sugar will separate over time, all you have to do is stir it again} Then comes the fun part, Adding the smell!  Use as much or as little as you like! 

Happy Scrub Making!

4 comments:

  1. I have heard canola oil goes bad after a while... is that not true? I use unscented baby oil from the dollar store and it works great too. we need to have a plehn family craft night, don't ya think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my why have I never thought of that?!?
    GENIUS!!
    I have heard that too, but I always use mine up pretty fast, so i have yet to find out!
    From now on though Im using Baby oil!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and yes we do need to have a craft night :)
    What crafts shall we do?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for inviting me!! I had sooo much fun!! Love my scrub it feels awesome!!

    ReplyDelete