5.26.2010

Workin It Wednesday

Rick and I are so in love. So in love that for the last year we threw caution to the wind and ate whatever we wanted, when we wanted, and then snuggled up on the couch to watch a movie.
Let me just tell you that this is not an effective way to loose weight {period}
While having all the chocolate my hubby could buy me the last year was so YUMMY, we have decided to become a healthy, still very much in love, smaller couple!
So to help with our goal... I am venturing into becoming a real cook, not a what kind of meat can i through in with this "just add water" rice :)
So every wednesday I will post my favorite healthy recipe from the last week!

Today is:


{Dijon Pork Chops}


I stole this recipe from my mom, but it is from the south beach diet. I promise you will always want your pork chops this way!
This recipe serves 6.

Ingredients:
1 cup whole-wheat or stone-ground breadcrumbs
1 Tablespoon melted Smart Spread (you can use butter)
2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard (divided)
2 Tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 Tablespoon chopped parsley (optional)
6 boneless pork loin chops
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees.

In a small bowl, mix the bread crumbs, butter, and 1 T of the mustard, parmesan cheese, and parsley.
Season the pork chops with salt and pepper. Spread the remaining Dijon mustard on one side of each chop and place the chops (plain side down) on a baking sheet.
Divide the breadcrumb mixture among the chops and pat them into the mustard.
Bake the chops until they are fully cooked and the breadcrumbs are nicely browned

No comments:

Post a Comment