3.14.2013

Alicia vs. Kidney Stones

Subtitle..."the day I died" 
Seriously nothing in my life has felt closer to death then that bright and sunny Thursday morning. Starting on Sunday I had the urge to use the restroom about every 10 minutes and it was quite inconvenient & uncomfortable. Monday came and off to the Doctors I went. Nothing. They told me that there was absolutely nothing wrong with me, except I should stop drinking so much cranberry juice :) Well Thursday came and I felt the same; I was just about to call and make another appointment because nothing had changed when all of the sudden I had the most instant horrible pain on my left side. At first I thought it was just a cramp and took some Advil but 5 minutes later I was laying on the floor curled up in a ball calling Rick to take me to the ER. 


It was quite the experience. A couple people have told me that kidney stones are worse than giving birth and I sure do hope so! After I was all drugged and not in pain anymore we realized that "hey this was the hospital I was born in"... haha and then I fell fast asleep! Rick was seriously my knight in shining armor. He took such great care of me all weekend and even bought me a Taylor Swift dvd to help me stay distracted when I was not knocked out! So the score...
Alicia = 0
Kidney Stones = 4
Richard = deserves 1 million kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment